10.19.2011

Bib/Burp Cloth Tutorial

Grady and I met a very special, new baby girl this past weekend, and we couldn't go empty-handed!

This fabric was especially noteworthy because it just so happened to belong to her grandmother.  I was thrilled when Kati gave me some, but I was even more thrilled to use it for this particular project!

1. I cut my fabric and terrycloth the size I needed. I cut the burp cloth pieces 8"x18". I happened to already have a bib pattern, but if you don't, you could use an existing bib to help with the size.

2. Pin the fabrics together, right sides facing.

3. Sew fabrics together with 1/4" seam allowance. Be sure to leave a hole (back stitching at the beginning and end) so you're able to turn the fabric right side out. (You'll sew the hole later.) Also, carefully trim the extra edges and cut the corners. (This helps prevent big, thick bulges on the sides and corners.)

4. Turn the fabric right side out and iron it flat.

5. Top stitch all the way around the edge, sewing over your holes (and again back stitching at the beginning and end). You could sew on velcro or use snaps to hold your bib together at the neck.  (Either of these can be found at a craft store.)

And, before you know it, 
you have a bib AND a burp cloth!


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. simple and so cute! i love it! if my overdue baby does not arrive by this weekend, this is going to be my crafty distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEW cute and easy, I think I'll be making some for my sister-in-law and my nephew to be. We only have pink stuff around here! ; )

    fondly,
    pink and green mama
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)