3.07.2012

Knock-Off Anthropologie Art

My inspiration: a petit collage by Anthropologie (long ago)


After gathering up a few old fabric scraps I had, I just started gluing . . .


and gluing . . .
until . . .


 until, well . . . I was happy.


Now, they hang in our guest room, along with a couple $1 thrift store frames.




More on the guest room to come . . .
Linked up to: (Sunday) Nifty Thrifty Things, C.R.A.F.T., The Girl Creative, Homemaker on a Dime, Everything Under the Moon, Craftomaniac, Lines Across my FaceThe Delectable Home, It's Overflowing, Making the World Cuter (Monday) Burlap & Denim, Making the World Cuter (Tuesday) Chef-in-Training, Sugarbee Crafts, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Natural Nesters, Clean & Scentisible,  Uncommon (Wednesday) Blue Cricket Design, 733, Southern Lovely, Someday Crafts, Chatty Chics, Crafty Scappy Happy, Beyond the Picket Fence (Thursday) 52 Mantels, Simply Designing, Design Dazzle, See Vanessa Craft (Friday) Tatertots & JelloFunky Junk (Saturday) Six Sister's Stuff, A Little Inspiration, Too Much Time on My Hands, Centsational Girl Pin It Now!

27 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Looking forward to seeing more on the guest room. So far the sneak peek here has me intrigued. Once again, I'm so amazed at how you embrace such bold colors!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea and great execution. Your art reminds me of mid-century Scandinavian motifs and art, which I love ... for me, yours has that vibe much more than the Anthro piece. Mixes very well too with the modern motifs on the pillows.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm just loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, everything you do is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Did something similar at Christmas-time--used left-over scrapbook paper and cut out snowflakes that I glued to burlap and stuck in some not-being-used Ikea frames. Feeling inspired to do something more springy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy place. I would love to stay in there and enjoy all the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this room:) The yellow and orange compliment each other very well!!! The wall art is soo cute too:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such happy art! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog!

    These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project - I pinned this yesterday while I was looking around your blog. Thanks for linking up @ the Delectable Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I've been thinking of doing something like this too! Thanks for linking up at Burlap & Denim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable! Visiting you from Blue Cricket Design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. S0 cute! I'd love to have you link this up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/03/anything-goes-linky-party_08.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw a large piece of art once that was done with this exact technique. It was a bit daunting due to the size but this is very do-able! So cute and folk-art-ish. I'd really like to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! I am sure your guests really enjoy staying in such a fun and beautiful room!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this artwork! Featuring you tomorrow! Xo, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great way to use scraps and create fun wall art for your home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these are so cute! I love the colors & they look great in those frames!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CUTE!!!! and simple too. pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! I have wanted to do something like this for a long time. Pinning it and getting to it soon. New linky and GFC follower.
    Amy @ Permanent Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my gosh i love this. i love all your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH they're perfect! What a great idea! You're so clever! :)
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute and simple! Love them!! I hope you'll link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous. You did sooo great. I love your artwork. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)