3.08.2013

Repurposed & Redone: The Front Poarch




Leah Poarch

Hello! My name is Leah and I write The Front Poarch, my story about the low-cost renovation of our 1950s ranch style home. I love all things mid-century especially if I can get them for free of next to nothing. The hubs and I are Craig's List junkies and are always on the hunt for a good deal. Enjoy this story about my re-purposed baby crib railing!



When I revealed my updated front entry, I mentioned a small ladder with big plans. A few nights ago I took the ladder down, (side note: the ladder is really an old baby crib railing) and prepped it for staining.

  

I chose Minwax Classic Black in Gloss. I was hesitant to go with the stain and poly again but once I started staining, I was glad I made the choice! This bad boy got 2 coats of stain per side, and I definitely wouldn't have had the patience to go back and do poly as well.


I cut out the numbers using my Silhouette Cameo, glued them to some heavy cardstock and gave everything a coat of Modge Podge so that it would stand up to the elements. So without further adieu, here's the finished product!



Pretty dreamy, huh? At the sake of sounding like a broken record, isn't astounding how a few little changes can make a BIG impact? Here's the entryway, with just the new planters. . .


  . . . and here it is with the water hose tub and new house numbers!

  
Thanks so much for allowing me to share today! 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. that is such a neat thing to do! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That was a GREAT idea! I wouldn't have looked at my kids crib and said "House numbers!" LOL! This looks great!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great with the style of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! I've got a crib that I don't know what do with it. Now I'm inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)