11.18.2011

Home Tour: The Dining Room

I mentioned earlier that this room is intentionally our only eating area (excluding the kitchen counter bar, that is).  It's meant to be informal and casual.  I've always wanted a dining room to be a place where people felt comfortable pulling up a chair and joining in.  Of course, if I had more room, I would have gotten an even bigger table to allow for even more chairs (because if you haven't gathered already, I have a small obsession with old wooden chairs)!  

Originally, the chairs were all brown, but recently, I took the plunge and painted them all white. (You can see that project HERE.) I'd probably prefer a fun rug to go under all those chairs, but a toddler, food and rugs don't tend to mesh well.  

The buffet you see back there was an old bar my mother-in-law found at a thrift store years ago.  I sanded it down, painted it a mustard yellow, and attached a few wine glass racks.  It has really served it's purpose well in this space.

The wine cork board you see on the wall was a knock-off from Pottery Barn that Grady and I made a few years back.  I've never stopped loving it!

It's rare that you'll see fancy dishes or fine crystal in this room, but I've discovered I tend to like it that way . . .







Wall color- Sherwin Williams: Offbeat Green

Note: I've gone back and listed the paint colors for all the other rooms on their specific "Home Tour" page.  Hope this answers some of your questions! Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. Cha-cha-cha! Makes me want to get my groove on!

    It's flashing. It's dashing. It's so very SMASHING!

    And Bold. So very Bold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! The colors are all so beautiful together! And I really love how your chairs don't match! Did I just say that? I never thought that could look so neat. And duh me...I've been thinking I have some wine corks and have a project in mind but was thinking I really need lots more b/c in my mind I would be standing them up on end...and duh again you lay them down and you don't need near as many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it! Harper and I are coming over the week after Thanksgiving. (OMG that is soo rude...) LOL! Really, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your kitchen!!! Would you please come over and decorate mine?? I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have another giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.
    P.P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting your paint colors! That's a lovely green and the orange accents go perfectly with it.

    I like the "cork board" that really is one, and the bowl of corks below it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! We are kindred spirits (as Anne of Green Gables would say).

    http://mommyiscoocoo.blogspot.com/2011/09/drinking-wine-and-good-project.html


    How did you get all of your corks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore your house. Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I've gotten lots of inspiration from you. We bought an out of date older home about two years ago. We're trying to update it on our own, but it's slow going. So any time I see home that's all put together, I have total house envy. I'm also in love with your dining room table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that many corks.....I'm so going to do that !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are your curtains burlap? I really love the color and texture! Great job on all your rooms.

    Melissa
    redflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we got married I registered for formal china and expensive crystal because I thought I would regret it if I didn't. Those things sit unused on display and do not fit our lifestyle. For years I have been buying things to decorate with/around them, and it is making me unhappy. I really love the feel of your home - it's something I need to evolve to.
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!
    I'm really impressed by your fine taste!
    Congratulations you inspire me.
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dining room looks stunning! I love how you've styled it with such elegance and sophistication. Those dining chairs from Argos Coupons are such a steal, adding a touch of luxury without breaking the bank. It's amazing how you've created such a beautiful space while being budget-conscious!
    For more information Visit Argos Coupons

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)