11.15.2011

The Blog Post Trade-Off: Burlap & Denim

I'm honored to have Amanda from Burlap & Denim here today!  She is fabulous!!  Here is just a taste of her amazing ideas!

Hi, my name is Amanda and I'm from Burlap & Denim!
self photo
I'm excited to share with Holly and all of you a few of the projects I've been working on. At Burlap & Denim one of my favorite things is to turn something old and boring into something new, fresh and exciting. If I happen to do it on the cheap, it's even better!
 
Here is a plain old green rug from Ikea 15 years ago 
that I bleached into a chevron pattern.
Transform Rag Rug into a Chevron Design
Now I love it! It fits great in my mud room and have used it as a table runner too (after a fresh wash of course).
Bleached Chevron Rug
Chevron Rug as a Table Runner
 
When I checked a local website's FREE section, I couldn't stop myself from filling my minivan with salvaged barn and fence wood. Then my lamp was born.
Salvage Wood Block Lamps on BurlapAndDenim.com
 
When I opened the Pottery Barn Kids catalog a few years ago I fell in love with their huge wall mural. It was a simple outline of a world map.
Pottery Barn Kids World Map Mural
I've broken it down and made it super easy to do yourself. 
 And, it will only cost you around...$3!
Mural of World Map Outline Painting
 
Thanks for getting to know Burlap & Denim. 
 To find out more, click on the button below!


Thanks so much, Amanda!!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)