I know what you're thinking...this isn't a food blog.
And, you're right. I rarely blog about food...unless it's something that I'm completely obsessed with.
Meet the most mouthwatering...sinfully delicious...yet surprisingly healthy- croutons.
Surely, this has happened to you?
The infamous leftover hotdog buns.
Mine, of course, always end up in the freezer...where they sit...and sit...and sit...never to be used because usually I forget they're there and end up buying a new pack at the store...which in turn produces yet another bag of leftover buns. yay.
Solution: Homemade Croutons.
5-6 leftover hotdog buns, cubed (It's helpful if the bread has been frozen and thawed a bit- allowing the bread to be a bit firmer for cutting.)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 c olive oil
10+ basil leaves, chopped
1. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves and mix with 1/4 cup olive oil.
2. Microwave the mixture for about 15 seconds. (This really opens up the garlic flavor!)
3. Chop up about 10 basil leaves.
4. Stir oil mixture and basil together.
5. Add about 1 tsp salt and a few dashes of pepper.
6. Mix together cubed bread and basil mixture.
7. Lay flat on a greased cookie sheet and cook at 325 for 25 minutes.
This is what they might look like...that is, if you haven't eaten them all before supper.
Pin It Now!