7.09.2012

Bubble Art with Kids

I was thrilled a couple weeks back when Toni from Design Dazzle asked me to share a fun summer activity with kids. This is what we came up with...



If you're a thrifter like me, then you're always on the lookout for a good frame. I happened to snag this one up for $3 at my thrift store.


I took the picture out and spray painted both the canvas and the frame white.


Next, I added a little food coloring to a few bubble containers (which I found at Wal-mart for about $2).


Finally, I let Ross go wild!



This is what we created...



I'm pretty sure I know where this one's going too...
Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. Clever! I bet she had so much fun & is so proud of her work. It looks so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I never would have guessed it was made from bubbles.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this a few years back with my oldest son. He LOVED it. I totally forgot about this project. Yours is just adorable! Love that you put it on canvas and framed it. Brilliant!! And, how cute is your little girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! It turned out pretty gorgeous too. I can see Emma going wild this project ;)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinning, we might have to do this asap in our house!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post, love ,love ,love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How smart of you to add food coloring, thanks for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine posted this to my facebook because she thought we'd love it- and she was right! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this great idea. We did this project today, had fun, and loved the results. Here's my blog about the results: http://flotsamofthemind.blogspot.com/2012/08/bubble-art.html, and I was sure to link to your site.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)