3.06.2013

Repurposed & Redone Series: View Along the Way


Eek! What a privilege to be here sharing a project while Holly welcomes her new little one! I'm a huge fan of her creativity and inspiration, so it's a pleasure to be here. I'm Kelly and I blog at View Along the Way. That's me there with my little fam.


Mostly I blog about our attempts to fix up a nasty ol' foreclosure on a teensy little budget. We've come a long way, but you know how it goes: the end is nowhere in sight! Let me give you an example. We've lived with bare, hanging lightbulbs all over the house for years, like here in our office.


It's shameful how long we've lived like this, you guys. Shameful. But we're all about finding cheap, do-it-yourself solutions, so when I spotted this fancy-schmancy light (for $550!) at Horchow, I thought it was gorgeous and was determined to make my own.

You can check out all the details for how we made our DIY capiz shell chandelier HERE, but we turned this tea light holder I found at TJMaxx...



...into a DIY hanging light just like the Horchow version, for about 90 percent off. Hard to beat that price! Here's how the end result turned out:




See all the details HERE.
It was relatively quick and painless and I'm so happy with the result! Quick-fix updates that look expensive but are not are my favorite kind of project. You can see more of my projects - including the most popular ones - right here on my project gallery.

I hope you'll subscribe to the blog via RSS or follow me on facebook, twitter or pinterest for more projects just like this. I'd love to connect with you, and I hope you'll come along for the ride! Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Kelly didn't tell you all she's soon to be a magazine star with her laundry room in Better Homes & Gardens. Looks like Holly keeps good company!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great do-it-yourself! That is very impressive work and in fact, I like it better because it is more "inviting" or something - I don't know exactly why, I just like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's astonishing! I'm off to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing!!! I've admired that light for a while, too. So bummed I probably won't be able to find those tea holders myself since you can never find the same thing twice at TJ Maxx. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I am quite certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right
    here! Best of luck for the next!

    my page; acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)