Remember those old sheets I've been collecting? Well, I finally finished my first project with them this weekend. (Quick side note: I've seen these banners done several different ways...in other words, there might be a better way out there. This is simply how I did it.)
First, I made a pattern...by hand drawing my shape.
Then, I traced and cut out all my pieces.
Next, I measured how far down I'd need to fold the fabric in order to fit a piece of twine through it.
I folded it down to my pen mark and sewed it down- backstitching at both ends. (An expert sewer would have ironed each piece down, then sewed. But, you already know, I'm not an expert sewer...so I didn't do that.)
This is what it looked like after I sewed it from the back.
And, lastly, the best part... I simply fed a long piece of twine through each piece...
and hung it on the wall.
Still working...but I'm pretty excited about it thus far...
Pin It Now!