12.05.2014

It's time for a break...

Gosh.
I guess it's been, what...? 4 years? I'm not sure I realized that until just now.
Ha. Not too bad. Not too bad at all.

Well, I guess I've gotta just come out with it.
Because it's been on my mind for quite some time...pushing at me...and weighing me down.
Months, in fact. And, I'm sure those devoted (if you're out there) maybe knew that somehow.

It's time for a break.

Let me explain...
When I started here, I was devoted. focused. excited.
And as much as I don't want to admit it.  right now, I'm not.

When I had Ross and Gram, I was devoted. focused. excited.
And as much as I don't want to admit it.  right now, I'm not.

My time of trying to truly and whole-heartedly focus here...then there...then here...then there...
isn't working the way I had planned.

I can see that right now I'm just not at my best here and there.
I've got to choose...and to be blunt...
I'll always choose there.

I love it here. Please don't get me wrong.
But, I know I can come back to- here...

Surely you can understand, I'll never have Gram's silly, baby car noise stage again...or Ross's dramatic princess stage again...

The point is, I don't want to look back at this time...this time that is, as we all know, gone in a flash, and regret what (I know in my heart) I should have been doing.
And, right now. there's no doubt.  I would.

I told you it's been on my mind for months now...right down in the pit of my stomach...where I've been ignoring it.
And of course, God knew all along.
(You'd think I'd learn. Because this isn't the first time I've been stubborn.)
But, when our computer suddenly crashed last week and destroyed everything...all my precious memories... I finally woke up.

It's time for a break.
Some time to regroup. to focus on the important stuff. and come back strong.

I wish I could tell you how long, but I really don't know. When it feels right again, I guess.

But because He also gave me this desire...to do this to begin with...I know I'll still be at it...changin' and fixin' and redoin' for a long time to come...and I'll need a small outlet somewhere...
so here I am, and here I'll stay...
until the next post...







click. and follow. 

Instagram


Pin It Now!

25 comments:

  1. i totally get where ur coming from. I've been doing the same thing slowly. u wont regret it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate your support!

      Delete
  2. will miss you while you are regrouping and taking a break. a break that is far worth anything else in life...i get that. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family is more important than blogging....period. Good for you for choosing the thing that matters most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It means a lot coming from readers like you!

      Delete
  4. You're right, you'll never have these moments with your kiddos again. Soak them up. My kids are grown and married now, but I always say I would give anything in the world for even just one day with them little again.
    Good luck and God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It means even more coming from someone who's been there. I appreciate your support!

      Delete
  5. Good on ya'! Enjoy your time away, or rather focusing on other things and what's important in the moment. I appreciate this post, and the inspiration it has brought to me to focus on something new. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for always reading!

      Delete
  6. I'm sad to hear you're taking a break but I completely understand. Your kids are only little once and this blog can be put on the back burner for as long as you choose. I have to admit...you're my favorite blog to follow. I most enjoyed you redoing the dollhouse. Took me back to some of my own favorite childhood memories. Take care...enjoy being a parent...have a couple more children...and enjoy every moment. I'll be following along when ever you have the time and feel that urge again. Until then...peace, love, great wine, great jazz and great pazazz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet to say that...and I appreciate you taking the time sit down and read. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Kudos to you! You are so very right. They grow up in a flash. My oldest is 42, my middle, 37 and my "baby", 27 and they were born just yesterday! How did that happen?! You won't regret your decision one little minute. So, until next time . . . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on taking a break and enjoying EVERY moment with your beautiful children. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making changes so that you can focus on the most important things. We will be here when you decide to return. Best of luck with your family's adventures. And thank you for being brave enough to admit that you needed to make a change. I too, am really guilty of not wanting to give up something because of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. another one of my fav bloggers announced this this week too! I totally understand. enjoy your littles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck Holly. Enjoy your break. We'll be here when you get back, whenever that may be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's great for you to take a break! Life is very short and flies by especially when our little ones are growing so fast! Enjoy your break! I've enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will you start back blogging? I loved your page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thoughtful article ! Speaking of which , if people is requiring to merge some PDF files , my business partner used a service here http://www.altomerge.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the collage photos of you :D Anyway, Enjoy, and rather focusing on other things and what's important in the moment

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still consider your blog a wonderful library of inspiration, and even though you've given it up for a bit, I still find your ideas fresh and vibrant! Thanks for all you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm very entertaining and funny posts within. Thanks for your moment sharing.

    Buy Ironing Boards Online | Buy Laundry Bag Online

    ReplyDelete
  17. bokep nikmat This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Nice one bokep terkini

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)