1.16.2011

New Door Decor


I do apologize for the long overdue post . . . but a recent family trip has put me quite behind.

However, I do have a little project to share with you that I just so happened to finish the very day we left! And, believe me, it's easy as pie!

I pulled out a piece of plywood I had left over from the Christmas records project . . .


and painted it with that precious teal color left over from the baby's room.



After printing off our house numbers from Word,


I taped it on the wood and traced it with a Sharpie.


(You may have to go over it a couple of times to make sure it bleeds through.)


Finally, I painted the numbers black and stuck it right up on the door!


I have to say, it brings a smile to my face.
:)
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. I love it-such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I might have to copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make one of those. I still have my Christmas wreath on my door-sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so doing this! We just moved into a rent house that does not have a lot of curb appeal...this will make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from a long line of fire and police guys, one of their biggest complaints is that people don't have their addresses prominently displayed. That can result in valuable minutes lost when someone needs help NOW! I'd say this takes care of that and right nicely too! Great job and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips! I've been dying to find a good tutorial for adding words to paintings, pictures etc. without having to go out and spend $200 on a cricut so thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Handy for that occasional pizza delivery......

    I do transfers the same way we used to do them at school though. Draw the outline on the back (via a window) with pencil and then turn it over and pencil over the lines, brass rubbing style, which leaves quite a clearly visible line on the workpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have got much clear idea regarding from this article. I am pleased that I observed this site personal injury attorney greensburg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm extremely inspired along with your writing skills as neatly as with the format in your blog. Is that a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, Gisinsulation

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)