2.20.2011

Quick Mirror Facelift


You may already know, the nursery just so happens to be my most favorite room in the house and, by far, the most fun to decorate!

Initially, I painted the mirror in the room orange . . . yet, I kept contemplating the actual color and eventually determined I wanted to change it.


Luckily, I was inspired by Do It Yourself magazine when they did a fun "yardstick mirror" project awhile back. And coincidentally, I had been collecting several old/new yardsticks for some time . . . still hoping I'd figure out a use for them somewhere in the baby's "Old School" nursery.


I cut the yardsticks in 3 in., 4 in. and 6 in. pieces.


Then carefully placed them on the mirror.


Once, I liked the setup, I glued on each piece.


And in one nap's time . . .



a whole new mirror.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. what a cool idea! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I saw that in Do It Yourself! Love that magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)