8.18.2011

Brightened-Up Brass

First off, a BIG, BIG thank you to all your sweet comments about the Ohdeedoh post! I was thrilled to have gotten such a neat opportunity! What's more, I am very excited about the months ahead and the interest this blog has brought to many of you. Thank you for all your wonderful support!

NOW . . . on to the good stuff.

My mother-in-law knew I was on the lookout for a bunch of old candleholders, and she found all of these (at the same thrift store, by the way)!! I can't tell you how excited I was!!


After a few cans of spray paint (primer included)
and a few new candles from the Pottery . . .

. . . they were miraculously transformed!


I needed this. Big time.
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. These look awesome. :) I posted about your bookshelf on my blog today. thanks again!
    http://www.sillyeaglebooks.com/2011/08/how-to-organize-kids-bookshelves.html

    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks adorable, and this craft came out perfect. Fun idea, and excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, great color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great look for such a fun and eclectic room! Did you use primer? I tried spraying brass candlesticks once w/out primer and it didn't wirk very well. The paint never seemed to bond with the brass. Just curious, because I want to try again. I'm going to feature this tomorrow on my blog. I hope you'll stop by and take a look!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, duh, I just read the answer to my question. Sometimes I get so excited about a project that I look at photos, comment and then go back to read the post. That is when I often answer my question. DUH! Still featuring though! :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that the candles are the same color as the candlesticks...SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those candle holders turned out great! I always see them at thrift stores. Love this idea! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the candlesticks!!!! Spray paint is our friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just shared this on my blog today - you totally inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)